19 February 2008

cadence weapon - the t-shirt!



I just got this shirt sent from Cadence Weapon's label in Canada.

It shows Ghostface Killah fighting a shark.

"Swim Starks, Sharks!" is a lyric from a Ghostface song. "Stroke of Death" off of Supreme Clientele. And Tony Starks is one of Ghostface's aliases.

It's taken from the real name of Marvel superhero Iron Man, Tony Stark, which, incidentally comes out as a movie in a few months, starring Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark. I'm not a big comic guy by any means, but from what I know and have seen/read of Iron Man, he's one of my favourites. Tony Stark is a raging alcoholic. Great stuff.

If Ghost's fellow Wu-Tang Clan member RZA can score movies these days, I hope they asked Ghostface to do the Iron Man soundtrack, or at least gave the man a cameo.

No comments: